Home pool owners
Child drowning and injury is a major risk for all pool owners. The Royal Life Saving Society WA can help you to ensure your home swimming pool barrier meets the Australian Standard and West Australian requirements by sending a Home Pool Assessor to conduct a Barrier Inspection.
The standard fee for an inspection within the Perth metropolitan area is $85.
(The cost of an inspection outside the metro area may vary. Please contact us for a quote.)
Book your Home Pool Barrier Inspection today.
Local Government home pool barrier assessments
Royal Life Saving Society WA has developed a service specifically for local governments that consists of a coordinated program of activities to contact home pool owners, send information, perform barrier assessments and provide support. The program is a proven and successful process which has been developed and refined over 15 years.
Our home pool inspection program has moved to new digital reporting. This new system involves a specifically developed mobile app, where the inspectors use iPad technology out in the field rather than inspection books.
Features of the home pool barrier inspection app include:
- All pools are recorded with a unique ID for the purposes of resolution tracking. Each is also categorised and retrievable using multiple criteria. A structured assessment tool ensures all elements are assessed and checked.
- Pool inspection reports can be provided to homeowners via email and/or mail depending on preferences.
- Photographic evidence is integrated into assessment reports.
- Referral reports include complete ‘contact history’, and all reports include photographic evidence.
- Comprehensive reporting and database exports that take place at specified times (for monthly invoicing) in a downloadable file. (*.pdf, *.xls, *.txt).
- All assessment reports are securely filed and archived.
Contact the Safety Services team for a quote, as the actual cost is heavily dependent on the scope of work.
You can view our home pool inspection procedure here.